Friday, August 21, 2009

The Good ol' Days!

Now that the Brick Oven is open, I have been reminiscing about my college years. Last night, I pulled one of my college scrapbooks out and just started laughing. I though I would share some moments with you.

Mostly these pictures are for my college roomies...Lizzy, Katie, Sarah, Kari and Stephanie.
I thought you might enjoy seeing these pictures again. Plus I found our "quote board" book (we had a wall of funny quotes people said). Most people that read these quotes won't get them but the girls that I lived with...they will be laughing their heads off! Sorry, the scrapbook pictures are pretty small, hopefully you can tell what they are!
As for the quote boards here are some of my favorites:
  • "I can handle all the jumping around...but the guy without a glove..." BJ (speaking of getting a physical before his mission
  • "You're a girl, so I'm gonna touch ya!" Brent
  • "I was in his arms, but not in the way I wanted to be" Tahnee
  • "Brooke, get your pants off!" Jeff
  • "Don't say sexual intercourse's!" Lizzy
  • "Here, I'll drive, and you take off your clothes!" Brooke
  • "Name one person other than me that's better than you?!?" Steph
  • "You don't even want to know about the thoughts I was having about my professor during my final" Steph
  • "You need to pay me for my services" Lizzy
    "He would be an amazing lover!" Lizzy
  • "If they didn't have toilet paper...they for SURE didn't have anti-bacterial soap sittin' next to the sink!" Kari
  • “378 MILLION dollars!! I don't even know how many numbers that is!" Brooke
  • I'm on a strict Webber diet! Sarah
  • "It's scary when old ladies fall in front of you!" Hermana Audette
  • "I like basketball players a lot, even the white ones!" Lizzy
  • "Yeah, Lizzy you do look like a black guy's girlfriend!" 80's Matt
  • "You're a better woman than I am." Kevin
  • "I'm the town bicycle, I know..." Sarah "I rode that bicycle!" Student_Webber_Dan
  • "Our relationship was real short!" Lizzy "So we're not lovers?" Dan Hunt
  • "Did you just toot?" Steph "Oh ya, I meant to leave that in the kitchen." 80's Matt
PF Chang's
Lizzy, Kari, Me, Katie

HA HA HA, that is a picture of Chris D (I don't know how to spell his last name) and the FAMOUS quote..."It wouldn't be that bad." I think his quote is what started the quote board!!!

All the BYU games we went too.


The SLC Olympics
Walking the 1 mile hike up the mountain and listening to Katie request,
"Who let the dogs out" on the radio.

Our Sophomore roommate Christmas card with Jeff. We sent these cards to all our friends we made Freshman year who were out on a Mission!

Travelling to Texas! Yes, I am wearing glasses that are shaped like Texas!

Visiting Katie in Greeley!!! So much fun!!!
I am so glad we finally got to experience the Largest Independence Day Rodeo!

Kari and Lizzy do you remember this?!?

I saw this picture and just starting laughing! That was the funniest thing I have ever done, I wish we had a video camera!!!
For those of you who were not there. The girls, Lizzy, Kari, and myself took a road trip to California to see the Brian McKnight concert and to visit some of our guy friends who were taking a vacation. We then travelled back to Las Vegas and Provo together. 4 boys in one and 3 girls in the other. Well, when we got to Vegas, I was home, so my seat in the girls car became available. Everyone thought it would be better if there were 3 people in each car. So the boys needed to decide who was going to ride with Lizzy and Kari. We decided it would be best if they had a Survivor vote to see who was getting voted out of the boys car and had to move into the girls car.

This was the vote:

BJ voted: Sammy-selfish bastard
Danny voted: Sam- you fart to much and that comment about Glen was so immature
Sammy voted: Dan-This way you might hook up with Lizzy again and she will stop trying to make out with me
Dustin Voted: Dan - He has a bad hair cut and likes gypsies
Lizzy and Kari vote: Sammy - the least likely to fart or stop to crap!!!

We had tiki torches and my dad played the commentator. I think the best part was listening to my dad read off the votes! It was so Funny!!!

Well, that is all for now. I probably bored most of you, but it was nice to look back and laugh at some of these old memories!!! Good times!!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

So I can't believe we sent out those Christmas cards...and especially with Jeff in them! Such nerds. The quote board quotes made me think oof lots of other quotes...mmmmdirty.
Totally missin' Movies 8 and Betos right now! And you of course!

Andersonland said...

LOVE IT!! My college experience was completely different. Sounds like you guys had SO much fun! Hey don't you have YW, you can't be cooking on Tues nights! But I will be your fake roomie and go to Brick Oven with you, I've never been can you believe it.

Shellee said...

Brooke! So glad Calli gave me your info! I will be calling soon to chat! Miss you!

Steph said...

haha thank you for that trip down memory lane. Good times.

Lizzy said...

Seriously almost just pee'd my pants! That was TOO hilarious! I love it that you made us all copies of that scrapbook - I look at it all the time. I had completely forgotten about some of those quotes too - Ahhhh... good times. Miss you!

When are you gonna Ryan back to your Texas roots. I mean seriously, you have always been such a Texan stuck in a Vegas girl's body and you know it!

Arit said...

Brooke!!! I just found your blog through Carla's. That is SOOO awesome that you bought the house! I always think about that house. It was one of my most favorite places to live!! It looks like you are doing GREAT! You look so happy! You and your hubby are so cute!
Arit